My mom was always good about making us themed birthday cakes when we were little. I wanted to say I at least made one for each of my girls so I thought I better get started! Although my mom graciously baked the actual cake and iced it, I helped with the clubhouse. Mom and I worked on it from 5:00 in the afternoon to nearly 10:00 that night, but I LOVED how it turned out. I think Mom and I both felt a presence of Ace of Cakes near us as we were decorating it. Most importantly Jordyn loved her Mickey Mouse Clubhouse cake, and I hope one day she looks at the pictures and realized how much work her mom and Meme Gayle put into that cake. Now, what will I have to do next year....a life-size cake of Dora???
Monday, June 15, 2009
The Birthday Cake
My mom was always good about making us themed birthday cakes when we were little. I wanted to say I at least made one for each of my girls so I thought I better get started! Although my mom graciously baked the actual cake and iced it, I helped with the clubhouse. Mom and I worked on it from 5:00 in the afternoon to nearly 10:00 that night, but I LOVED how it turned out. I think Mom and I both felt a presence of Ace of Cakes near us as we were decorating it. Most importantly Jordyn loved her Mickey Mouse Clubhouse cake, and I hope one day she looks at the pictures and realized how much work her mom and Meme Gayle put into that cake. Now, what will I have to do next year....a life-size cake of Dora???
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment