Sunday, June 14, 2009

First Day at Preschool


This fall Jordyn will be attending Bright Beginnings Early Childcare Center (the new preschool at our church). She will be going Tuesdays and Thursdays from 8 to 11 in the morning. This summer the preschool is offering "summer" school" for all the new students starting and the returning students for the older classes. We thought this would make for a great transition this fall so Jordyn will be going to summer school two days in June and two days in July. This past Wednesday was her first day! I wish I could say what a great experience it was for her, but unfortunately I can't. The good things.....she loves Mrs. Joely, for the most part she liked the other kids there, and she had fun with the different activities (there are tons of books and a 3' Dora there, what wasn't there not to like?). The not so good things.....she didn't want to use the big potty so she was a little wet by the time I picked her up, and she also hit one of the other little girls. We didn't start out having a very good morning so I'm hoping the next time things will go better, and "Dora and Boots" will get to go (but hopefully only until the new of school wears off). She has said she's ready to go back to play with Mrs. Joely so hopefully the first day didn't scar her for the rest of the year!

No comments:

Post a Comment